Friday, August 26, 2011

Up Early The Last Friday Of August

Looking through the bars of my patio prison cell at the turquoise pool below on the 26th Day of August, the final Friday of this 8th month of 2011, puts me in the mood to plot an escape from this particular confinement.

I'm in the mood to be shivering in the chilly Pacific Northwest. This morning, before the nuclear explosions in the sky arrive, we are chilled to 84.5, heading to 104. Again.

84.5 degrees is a few degrees warmer than what I have my air conditioner's thermostat set to. Up in my old home zone of Mount Vernon, Washington, right now, it is 55.7 degrees. That is way colder than what I set my air conditioner's thermostat to.

It is a bit disappointing that Hurricane Irene chose to take a course that will not deliver any much needed water to Texas.

The sun has now arrived and is providing sufficient illumination that I can find my way to the swimming pool.

No comments: