Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fort Worth's Fosdic Lake Ducks Do Not Seem To Be Enjoying the HEAT or Fosdic Lake

The heat seems to be stressing out the Fosdic Lake ducks. Or maybe it is Fosdic Lake that is stressing the ducks.

Twice within the last week I have found the Fosdic Lake ducks out of the water, huddled under the shade of a tree on the eastern shoreline of Fosdic Lake.

Is the lake water too HOT for the ducks? Is the lake water too polluted? Are the Fosdic Lake ducks the parakeets in the Fort Worth metaphoric mine, warning that the water is not safe?

I saw only one turtle in Fosdic Lake today. Where have all the turtles gone? Usually the Fosdic Turtles are sunning themselves on any available log when it is HOT.

There were a couple guys fishing in Fosdic Lake today, despite the signs warning about consuming Fosdic Fish.

It was only 98.7 when I left air-conditioned comfort today, around noon, to enjoy walking around the polluted lake called Fosdic in Oakland Lake Park.

I was surprised to see a group of guys playing baseball in the noonday sun. Maybe there was a cooling breezing blowing off Fosdic Lake.

There were a couple people enjoying what appeared to be a picnic under cover in the picnic pavilion.

I do not remember if I've mentioned previously that it perplexes me that, in this city of over 700,000, there are parks, like Oakland Lake Park, with picnic facilities with no running water or restroom facilities.

Is Fort Worth somehow immune from the health and sanitation rules that operate in other parts of America?

Like I said, it is perplexing.

No comments: