Thursday, August 11, 2011

Taking My Cane On A HOT Walk With The Village Creek Ghosts

I got out my walking cane and used my senior citizen's pass to take the bus to Village Creek Natural Historic Area today.

I felt like communing with the wise elderly spirits of Indians long gone.

You can not tell it by today's picture taken via the Village Creek photo mirror, but it was being horribly HOT in the noon time frame today. HOTTEST HOT yet.

The HOTTEST HOT yet had my cold tapwater feeling HOT. Previously the cold tapwater had warmed to being warm, but never HOT.

I called my mom on my way to Village Creek to wish mom a Happy Birthday, due to the labor my mom went through today, all those decades ago, to deliver a very little me to the world. Mom was not home to receive her Happy Birthday call.

So, I left a voice mail.

As you can see via the picture of the Village Creek Jungle, the jungle is beginning to show signs of lack of water, as in, drought strain. Leaves are falling as if it were Fall. Green is turning brown.

Tomorrow if we hit 100 it ties the all time record for days in a row getting that HOT. Something has happened in the past hour or two that has me thinking that the 1980 record may not be broken.

We have dropped a lot of degrees in the past hour or two. As in it was over 100 when I wilted with the Indian ghosts, but it is only 84.7 now, at half past 3. Clouds have arrived. Along with a forecast for some possible storming....

An outflow boundary continues to push southward across North Texas with scattered thunderstorms to its north. The boundary could reach a Comanche to Ennis to Greenville line around 4 PM. Look for north winds of 15 to 30 mph and temperatures falling into the 80s behind this boundary. Rain and thunderstorms just north of I-20 to the west of Fort Worth will continue to follow the boundary southward this afternoon. These will move across Eastland...Earth... Hood... Somervell and Johnson counties by 5 PM. Gusty winds...heavy rainfall and dangerous cloud to ground lightning will occur from the strong thunderstorms. Rain and isolated thunderstorms along the Red River counties east of Gainesville will continue to spread east and southeast through 5 PM. This rain will spread through Collin... Hunt...Delta and Hopkins counties by 5 PM. Elsewhere...it will remain hot and dry with temperatures in the upper 90s and lower 100s under mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies. Heat advisory in effect until 9 PM CDT this evening...

1 comment:

CatsPaw said...

I was out to lunch with a friend in the Hulen area and it got a little cloudy and the wind blew pretty good for ten minutes or so. Later, when I went to the car, there were dried raindrop prints in the dust on the windshield about 4 inches apart. So I guess we had a Texas-drought-style "4 inch rain."