Friday, August 26, 2011

The Last HOT August Friday In Texas Thinking About Turtle Soup Among Other Things

Standing on Fosdic Lake Dam today, in Oakland Lake Park, gazing south across the lake, as a water cooled breeze made the 99 degrees feel less HOT.

The Fosdic Fosduck flock was down to 3 birds today. Where do the Fosducks go?

I do not know why, but the Fosdic Lake turtles are very skittish. Unlike the turtles I see sunning themselves on a log in the pond at Veterans Park in Arlington.

The Veterans Park turtles pretty much preen and pose for the cameraman. While the Fosdic Lake turtles jump off their sunning log as soon as they hear the beep of the camera turning on.

Today I saw two rather large Fosdic turtles sunning themselves on a log. Today's Fosdic turtles did not even wait for the beep of the camera before jumping in the water. All it took was reaching into my camera pocket and they were gone.

Is someone catching Fosdic turtles for Turtle Soup? Is this why they are so skittish?

No, that is not Elsie Hotpepper on the left. The photo is used only for illustrative purposes representing the pain I am in.

It is the weekend and I'm still in a weakened state from last weekend's hyper-activity hyper-extending my hyper-abilities.

The bruise on my arm is starting to fade. That is the only visible bruise that is starting to fade.

This weekend I am going to be very sedate. I shall allow no liberties to be taken with my sedate state of being. Not even if Elsie Hotpepper shows up in one of her official t-shirts.

No comments: