Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Possible Incoming North Texas Blizzard & Fixing Puerto Rican Computers

That is the slightly before noon view from Miss Puerto Rico's balcony. She called me this morning with an urgent need for help. Her computer had ceased responding.

It took 3 minutes to bring the computer back to life. Then I took the picture you see here.

As you can see we are a bit overcast here in Fort Worth this first day of December. Earlier WeatherBug told me there was a chance of snow after midnight on Thursday. Which would be Friday morning.

I went to the library after leaving Miss Puerto Rico's. I needed a book. Or two. On the way there the local radio weather report had a chance of frozen precipitation happening as early as tomorrow, as in Wednesday.

We haven't even had a freeze yet and I'm tired of winter, which isn't even here for another 20 days. The furnace is running and I'm wearing sweat pants. Catching pneumonia is likely next on my agenda.

Also on my possible agenda is a meeting later today. I am embarrassed to admit I have a neurotic problem going to meetings in close quarters. Germ & Virus Phobia. All it takes is one cougher and I'm out of there. Or a sneezer. Or, God forbid, a combo cougher/sneezer.

And what if someone wants to hug me? That could cause me to faint. Especially if they hugged and coughed. Or sneezed.

No comments: