Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fosdic Lake Dam Ducks In Fort Worth

It was another below freezing morning, here in the biggest fort in Texas, so true to my new thinking, as in no attempt to go swimming when the temperature is not above freezing, so no attempt was made.

But this new thinking means, if the forecast is correct, when I wake up this computer tomorrow morning I should be learning that it is not freezing. And so a-swimming I will go.

I was already out of here to do something constructive by the time my stir crazy mode usually kicks in. But the constructive thing involved nothing aerobic. Yikes! I typed erotic instead of aerobic. I have been catching all sorts of bad typos of late. Well, I hope I catch them. This was the worst, and ironically the typo was also true, as the constructive thing involved nothing aerobic or erotic.

So, about 3:30 this afternoon I took off to visit the ducks on Fosdic Lake in Oakland Lake Park. You can barely see the ducks on the log in the part of Fosdic Lake closest to you in the picture. In this view we are looking sort of northwest at Fosdic Lake and all its parasitic trees.

I'll go see if I got a good closeup picture of the ducks. They were acting sort of funny today. Like they were happy it was warmer, so they were celebrating by doing some odd log dancing.

It was like the ducks couldn't decide if they wanted to get in the water or not. I identified with their dilemma.

Only 5 more days til Winter arrives and 4 days after that it's JC's big birthday party, biggest birthday party in the world.

2 comments:

Patsy L. said...

Your Fosdic vision makes way more sense than the other Fort Worth vision. I don't see what the public gets out of the Trinity River Vision except for an improved Gateway Park, if that ever happens. With the Fosdic Dam Vision we get a swimming beach. I like it.

Durango said...

Patsy----
You sound like a Texas gal loaded with a big blessing of common sense.