Monday, July 15, 2024

Microsoft Takes Me To Weatherford's Parker County Peach Festival To Get Misted


The Microsoft OneDrive Memory from this Day is a memory I remember well, and fondly.

The Parker County Peach Festival, taking place this month in Weatherford, Texas.

It was earlier this century I last visited the Parker County Peach Festival and webpaged the experience.

The Parker County Peach Festival is huge. The biggest festival I have been to in Texas.

An outdoor festival anywhere in Texas, in July, is guaranteed to be HOT. The Parker County Peach Festival, the day I got festive was under 100 degrees, but still plenty HOT. 

One could cool off with the many peach themed refreshments, or walk through the many cooling misting stations, which is what you see photo documented above.

It was way back in March of 1999 or 1998 I first visited Weatherford. This was part of a two-week trip to Texas, checking out if moving to Texas was something doable. Weatherford was the first experience I had with a Texas county courthouse square. Weatherford is the county seat of Parker County.

There is, or was then, a Confederate Memorial Statue in the Parker County Courthouse square. Seeing that memorial was the first I realized, yikes, we are currently in the location of the Confederacy.

I can not remember when I last had me a good peach. I need to rectify that shortcoming soon...


No comments: