Sunday, July 7, 2024

Remembering Buffalo Butt Beer At Booger Red's Saloon With Gar The Texan & His German Wife


The photo you see here showed up this first Sunday of July morning, in my email from Microsoft's OneDrive Memories of this Day.

It took me a second or two to remember what I am seeing here. One thing for certain, this memory did not happen on a Sunday.

The entity on the left is known, by some, as Gar the Texan, a west Texas boy who became some sort of computer whiz kid fixing computer stuff all over the world. Well, in Europe, at least. And Germany, specifically, where he met one of his wives.

I believe that is the German wife on the bar stool next to Gar the Texan. I remember going to the Fort Worth Stockyards with Gar and the German. I think her name was Madchen, or Madlen, something like that.

The location of the bar stools is Booger Red's Saloon, in the Stockyards.

Booger Red's is connected to the H3 Ranch restaurant. Or was. I think H3 Ranch may have closed. Just a sec, I shall go check.

Well, I am happy to report H3 Ranch is still in business. I don't know why I thought it closed. Maybe it did so temporarily during COVID.

Booger Red's Saloon is known for its Buffalo Butt Beer. So named because a couple of Buffalo Butts are on the wall above the bar. If you go into H3 Ranch you will see the front end of the Buffalos.

I seem to recollect we had ourselves a pitcher of Buffalo Butt Beer whilst at Booger Red's Saloon, whilst Gar the Texan's German wife chain smoked...

No comments: