Tuesday, July 16, 2024

This Morning Finding Aunt Alice Surfing With Abraham Lincoln


Yesterday, on Facebook, I enhanced a photo Aunt Alice had posted, which was a tad faded. Aunt Alice always appreciates it when I do this type thing.

This time Aunt Alice commented with...

"Thanks sweetheart. Miss pictures you used to make me into. Probably some on MySpace still."

Hard to remember back when MySpace was a thing. MySpace sort of deserved to die. Nowadays I find myself thinking the same fate should befall Facebook.

Anyway, way back when MySpace was a thing I had fun making photos of Aunt Alice and sticking them on her MySpace space.  

After Aunt Alice made mention of those long gone photos I found that they still exist on Microsoft's OneDrive. So, this morning Aunt Alice has been seeing photos she likely long forgot about, like the one above, or one where she is biking in the Seattle Fremont Naked Bike Ride Parade, or being a Cowgirl at the Omak Stampede, or being the only celebrator of Naked Gardening Day in Tonasket, or auditioning on America's Got Talent with Aunt Alice's Dolly Parton rendition.

There are dozens of these photos, I had long forgotten about them, as likely also has Aunt Alice. I only remember making a few of them. Like the one where Aunt Alice is surfing. Or on a date with Abraham Lincoln.

Aunt Alice was always to totally onboard and good-natured about the photos, not matter how outrageous. I like that sort of free-spirited spirit....

No comments: