Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Hot Wichita Falls 4th Of July Tomorrow Followed By Big Chill

104 on the day before the 4th.

104 on the 4th.

And then a cold front arrives the day after the 4th, with the Big Chill shivering us down into the 80s.
 
I am looking forward to this break from the extreme HEAT.

I think my air conditioner would like a break, as well.

I have not been to the Wichita Falls 4th of July Parade since before COVID.

It is a fun parade, starting tomorrow at 9 in the morning. 

One can find shade along the parade route, courtesy of tall buildings blocking the sun.

But.

Currently I do not much feel like being patriotic at a 4th of July Parade, all things considered.

The local military, from Shepperd Air Force Base, takes part in this parade, in the form of a marching band and marching airmen representing each of the Nato nations training at Shepperd, carrying the flags of the various nations.

Driving to ALDI this morning I saw the red, white and blue is already out in large numbers, in front of many houses. 

I'll be making the traditional 4th of July feast of spaghetti...

No comments: