Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Back To Death Valley Badwater With Jason & Joey


A few days ago photos showed up in the daily Microsoft OneDrive Memories of this Day email of the time, way back in August, in one of the final years of the previous decade, when my nephews, Jason and Joey, flew me to Las Vegas for a few days of Super Sunshine.

I made a blog post of the photos I saw that day, including one I thought was Jason and Joey at Badwater in Death Valley, that being the lowest point in the Western Hemisphere, a couple hundred feet below sea level.

Well, today more OneDrive Death Valley photos showed up, with one I can clearly tell is at Badwater. 

That is nephew Joey walking on the Badwater salt flat, whilst his big brother, Jason, closely inspects the salt flat.

That white dot you see high on the cliff, that marks sea level.

It seems as if it should be a bit unsettling to be so far below sea level.

But, it actually is not.

It never crossed my mind to worry what if the Pacific Ocean suddenly sprung a leak and started flooding Death Valley. I wonder how big a lake would be the result?

No comments: