Sunday, July 14, 2024

Jason Virtually Takes Me To Jones Family Reunion With Clancy


A month or two or three ago I learned via my Favorite Nephew Jason, aka FNJ, that a sort of Jones Family Reunion had been proposed for some date in the, then, upcoming July.

Uncle Mooch, his lovely first wife, Aunt Jane, their daughter, Amy, and grandson Kwan were expected to be in the PNW, flying west from their Boston home zone.

That is Kwan leaning on the Jones sign.

But, the biggest attraction, to reunion with, was incoming, back to live in Washington, after years living on Maui, with her husband, two stepsons and the youngest member of the extended Jones family, Iv, with that being Iv's mom, Olivia, with her right hand on the Jones sign, with Iv behind her.

I do love a good run-on sentence.

Olivia is my cousin Scott's one and only daughter, whilst Iv is my cousin Scott's one and only grandson. Scott sadly passed away whilst we were going through COVID, but not from COVID. Scott was the oldest of the Jones cousins. Scott's sister, Linda, Iv's aunt, is now the oldest of the Jones cousins. With me being the second oldest.

Only one of my branch of the Jones family were in attendance at this reunion, that being Clancy, in blue, to the right of Kwan in the photo.

Iv's Aunt Linda also was not at this reunion.

Jason had this to say about it....

"Clancy was the sole representative of the Jack Jones branch of the family. Your brother, my brother, your littlest sister and myself opted not to join her company yesterday afternoon for a multitude of reasons."

I suspect the rest of the Jack Jones branch of the family will be seeing Olivia and Iv soon, along with Kwan. Niece Ruby and Kwan have a mighty fine time playing together. I remember the pair building a massive blanket/pillow tent on my bed in the condo we were staying in at Birch Bay, way back in August of 2017. 

As for me, I do not know when next I will ever attend any sort of reunion. I have another one coming up later this month, July 27 to be precise. It is highly doubtful I will be there, but, you never know....

No comments: