Friday, July 12, 2024

Another HOT Texas Friday Frying In The Heat


Currently, on this second Friday of July, it is only 91 edges in the outer world, at my location, with the humidity making those 91 degrees feel like 99 degrees.

So, for the rare second day in a row I opted not to venture out to the outer world for some salubrious endorphin acquiring activity.

I also opted not to go to Walmart, my fallback location in bad weather, for anthropological observations and some high-speed grocery cart pushing.

The weather is wearing me down, way more than previous summers in this HOT location on the planet.

I could escape Texas for cooler climes. But where? My old home zone of Western Washington is in what they think to be a heat wave, with highs in the 80s, overnight lows in the 60s. I have experienced a Washington heat wave after being acclimated to the Texas HEAT. I shiver at those low Washington heat wave temperatures.

There is a high school class reunion, of sorts, the final Saturday of this month. I wish I felt motivated to attend and get well chilled.

I read today that only two American states have never recorded temperatures over 100.

Alaska and Hawaii.

Alaska and Hawaii being the most recent states added to the union, numbers 49 and 50. If I remember correctly, and sometimes I do, Hawaii is state number 50.

Currently I have my A/C set at 78 degrees. I am contemplating going lower...

No comments: