Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Visiting Haltom City's Elsie The Cow Where Dreams Come True

Yes, as you can clearly see via the photo documentation, today I found myself at that place "WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE".

Haltom City.

Well, at Fuel City in Haltom City.

At this location one finds a couple buffalo, a couple longhorn, and one beast which looks like a zebra losing its stripes.

Someone told me that the biggest of the longhorns was named Elsie the Cow as some sort of homage to Haltom City native, Elsie Hotpepper.

I find that a bit hard to believe. It would seem more likely one of the buffalo would be named after Elsie.


Then again, when I called out the name "Elsie" the big longhorned wonder you see above responded, lifting its horns in a proud photo posing stance which seems quite reminiscent of Elsie Hotpepper in one of her patented selfie posing modes.

There is talk lately of me moving out of Texas, heading west. I am conflicted. I enjoy my monthly returns to the DFW zone. Among other things I do in Texas...

No comments: