Wednesday, August 6, 2014

63 Years Ago Today My Mom & Dad Got Married 6 Years After Hiroshima Got Atom Bombed

Today, August 6, 1945, a date which lives on in infamy, wait, that's not right, the date which lives on in infamy is December 7, 1941, that being the day the Japanese sneak attacked Pearl Harbor, bringing about America's entry into World War II, which in about three years brought the utter defeat of the miscreantic countries who started that world-wide mess.

August 6, 1945 was the day America dropped an atom bomb on Hiroshima, which soon led to the end of the war.

Six years later, on August 6, 1951, 63 years ago, my Mom  and Dad got married.

Which means today is my Mom and Dad's 63rd Wedding Anniversary.

This morning I text message Mom and Dad a "Good Morning and Happy Anniversary" text message.

Mom and Dad text messaged back saying "Thanks, we are going out for breakfast with J & J & J & J.

J & J & J & J are Jack and Jackie  and Jake and Jill. My brother-in-law, sister, brother and sister-in-law.

Last night I tried to make a composite picture of my Mom and Dad and the atom bomb exploding over Hiroshima. That composite picture did not turn out too well, as you can see above. It sort of looks Mom and Dad are standing in front of a giant head of cauliflower.

As you can see, my Dad is in uniform. An army uniform. Soon after my Mom and Dad got married Dad got sent oversees, to France, during the Korean War. My Mom stayed home.

UPDATE: Someone with the unusual name of Anonymous made the following comment regarding my Mom and Dad with The Bomb....

No, Durango, No! Mom and Dad with The Bomb? You always have tasteful and well done pics and graphics. Don't "Jump the Shark" on me!

Let us see your Peeps with a great period photo.


Well, really, I think I jumped the shark a long long time ago. But, just for Anonymous I've added the photo of Mom and Dad with The Bomb removed.

I wonder what color Mom's dress was. I could ask, but I doubt Mom would remember.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, Durango, No! Mom and Dad with The Bomb? You always have tasteful and well done pics and graphics. Don't "Jump the Shark" on me!
Let us see your Peeps with a great period photo.

Durango said...

There you go, Anonymous, Mom and Dad without The Bomb.

Anonymous said...

Thanks and please don't colorize either. Nice! Now I can see the origins of our Intrepid Guardian of Justice.