Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Texas Dawn Of The Second Saturday Of The Second Month Of 2011 Is Abraham Lincoln's & My Little Sister's Birthday

The second Saturday of the second month of 2011 has dawned at 32 degrees with a nice clear blue sky heading to a possible high in the 60s today.

Today is the birthday of the Great Emancipator, Abraham Lincoln. It is also the birthday of My Great Little Sister, Jackie.

I spoke to my Great Little Sister last week and I know she told me what she was doing for her birthday, but my ever worse memory did not record what that was. I have a vague recollection either Las Vegas or a cruise was involved.

Each morning seems to be bringing fresh fodder to the Dallas Cowboy Stadium Seating Scandal. The City of Arlington released pages of emails which made it clear that Arlington building code inspectors were not happy with the temporary seating and how the Cowboys people were handling the problem.

I had the longest phone talk in over 2 and a half years with a Tacoma person last night. I learned all sorts of interesting things.

The big Fort Worth news in this morning's Star-Telegram is that Downtown Fort Worth is getting a grocery store.

Oliver's Fine Foods.

Downtown Fort Worth is currently the only city in America with a population over 500,000 without a downtown grocery store or department store.

I am not going swimming this morning.

No comments: