Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Talked To My Sister In Washington While The Super Bowl Pre-Game Show Answered Some Super Bowl Mysteries

I was heading west on a countrified section of Randol Mill Road on my way back from Hurst when the bright blue sky and snow-free road looked as if it would make a good photo. I do not know how I managed to zoom in on my hand on the wheel. Or that I had the camera on the wrong setting.

This makes 2 days in a row where I've had a camera malfunction. Yesterday's was the battery going dead when I was down taking pictures at the Cowboys Stadium.

Speaking of which. I watched some of the Super Bowl Pre-Game Show. I now know what the big temporary buildings at the west end zone are. A red carpet deal with people screaming on either side of the carpet. I saw Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston get the screams. I  assume the red carpet leads into the stadium. Or it may lead to another one of the temporary buildings, where I saw Maroon Five on a stage singing to a large group.

Who were the people listening to Maroon Five and watching the people walk the red carpet? Ticketholders? Arlington residents invited as a thank you for hosting the monster deal in their town and helping build the stadium? The people who's homes and apartments were taken to build the stadium?

The east end zone, where the Party Pass People get to stand outside the stadium during the Super Bowl, was also shown. Already with a lot of people standing. Also screaming when the camera panned them. TV made it look like quite a raucous scene, with a lot of people outside the stadium, about 5 miles to the east of where I am sitting right now. The screaming sounds are not making it through my windows.

The Super Bowl thing makes for a long day for those attending. It's about 2 hours til the actual game and already people are there screaming.

On the way to Hurst I returned a call to Elsie Hotpepper who was all in a tizzy due to a cat getting loose. Elsie is not going to the Super Bowl.

On my way back here from Hurst I took the scenic, non-freeway route of Precinct Line Road to Randol Mill.

I called my sister who lives in Kent on her cell phone. No answer. So, I called her house on Lake Cushman, where she often goes on weekends. Lake Cushman in on the Olympic Peninsula. My sister answered that phone. I asked what time the Super Bowl Party was and what I needed to bring.

When I lived in Washington I would rotate Super Bowl Parties, one year at my house, next year at my sister's.

My sister told me I lived right by the Super Bowl, why would I want to go to her party? Right when she said that I saw planes with banners circling the stadium. Told my sister that and that the stadium would soon come into view. And it did.

Soon after the stadium came into view my sister told me they'd arrived at the location of their Super Bowl Party. A friend's place on the way back from Lake Cushman.

I said good-bye. Hung up. And was perplexed about a minute later when I realized I'd called the Lake Cushman number. It is a land line. How could my sister arrive at her friend's house when she was talking to me on the Lake Cushman land line?

It is very perplexing. I've come to the conclusion my sister used this as an excuse to get me off the phone. I shall make inquiries and get to the bottom of this.

In the meantime, I've got a pizza to shove in the oven in a couple hours for my raucous Super Bowl Party. With Pomegranate Juice.

No comments: