Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Driving To A Puerto Rican Balcony In A Texas Blizzard

It appears as if the blizzard-like action of the day has abated, with some blue sky poking through the clouds.

I bundled up and went out in it. At 14 degrees with the wind making it feel like -10.

I was able to drive through the blizzard, over to Miss Puerto Rico's, to take a picture of the snowy view from her balcony.

Being able to drive, so far, makes this week's bout of ice less dire than last week's. I hope it stays that way.

Due to all the woes from last week's Deep Freeze, this week's Deep Freeze News has warnings to leave faucets dripping, heat set at a minimum of 65 and other emergency measures. Having seen, first hand, last week, the results of bursting pipes, I am keeping the water dripping.

I wonder if Gar the Texan is now floating somewhere on his way to the Bahamas and remembering that he forgot to leave the heat on and faucets dripping in his house? I suspect he will return to a flooded house.


As you can see, the view from Miss Puerto Rico's balcony is a bit monochromatic this morning. It is usually more colorful.

Below is a screencap from this morning's Fort Worth Star-Telegram, with one more of the now ubiquitous pipe warnings.


Below is the current weather info provided me courtesy of my computer's Internet Browser Weather Plug-in.


The current weather info from my Weather Plug-in is from Accu-Weather. It appears to be accurate except for the Light Snow part. In my location no snow is falling. And the sun is now in full brightness mode.

No comments: