Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Morning In Texas Thinking About How Sad It Is That Fort Worth Does Not Have A Daily Newspaper

The 3rd Sunday of the 2nd month of 2011 has dawned with me in a very good mood.

And it's not because I woke up early, as you can see from the view through the bars of my patio prison cell, after a long night of saloon hopping with Elsie Hotpepper.

I don't think I've whined about it on this blog, but I have been having a chronic pain in my right foot for quite awhile now. And when I say pain I mean PAIN.

And now this morning the PAIN is gone. I hope this is not just a temporary respite because this pain has been a really BIG PAIN.

Maybe it's been being able to go swimming the last few days that has cured my foot pain.

Still no mention made in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, online, that I could find, of the bizarre closure by Tarrant County of a significant mental health facility called the Paradise Center. How does a newspaper make any claim to being a legitimate newspaper, and not just a tool of the corrupt local power structure, if it does not investigate and report the results of its investigation when something as bizarre as this incident is?

Thugs shutting down a mental health facility in your town is not news?

I need to go swimming now and try and swim away my disgust.

No comments: