Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Windows Are Open In Texas On A Balmy Sunday Thinking About Going To Leavenworth In Washington

In the picture we are in the Fosdic Forest at Oakland Lake Park, in Fort Worth, looking north through the forest at a blue sky and a blue Fosdic Lake.

I ran the A/C while driving today.

My windows are currently open. It is 74. Ice Storms and Blizzards and Sub-Zero temperatures, with all the associated trauma, is slowly fading from memory.

I think I may now begin to reverse the gained poundage that has been caused by too much sloth, due to too much time spent in involuntary homebound imprisonment.

Just got an email informing me that Elsie Hotpepper is still pouting over being revolting.

My  mom called me last night while I was temporarily separated from my phone. I called back on my way to visit Fosdic Lake. No answer. My dad has made a very poetic answering machine message that never gets old, with a very clever rhyming of phone and tone.

I can't say who, because he or she does not want the burglars working his or her town to know he or she is over in Eastern Washington at my favorite tourist town, Leavenworth.

I suspect the Leavenworth visitor is likely back home, or soon will be.

I have not been to Leavenworth since one month before the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks.

I remember one very fun winter visit to Leavenworth, snow on the ground and one shopkeeper being totally loopy, giving stuff away. We thought she was under the influence of some mind altering substance.

I can't remember what it was she was giving us. T-Shirts? Souvenir mugs? Darn my failing memory. This was in the mid 1990s, fifteen years ago, give or take a year. And already I've forgotten details.

I'm hoping this return to pleasant weather means winter is over in Texas.

No comments: