Saturday, December 11, 2010

No Pineapple Express Is Getting Me Wet In Texas Today or Tomorrow


Above is Seattle's 5 Day Forecast, starting with today's arrival of a very wet Pineapple Express coming in from the  Pacific Ocean water in the Hawaiian Islands zone. Regular rain in the Pacific Northwest is not of the Texas downpour in copious amounts style. Instead it is a slow motion rain that can go on for days, taking a long time to accumulate an inch, unlike Texas, where an inch can easily fall in a few minutes.

Like I said, slow motion rain is the Pacific Northwest Norm.

Except for a Pineapple Express.

That is the only time a Pacific Northwest rain can resemble a Texas Downpour. I recollect the Pineapple Express that brought on the Pacific Northwest's Thanksgiving Day Storm, back in the 1990s. It rained 5 inches in just a couple hours. I had never seen anything like it.

Now, below is today's 5 Day Forecast for my current Fort Worth location. And people ask me why I live here rather than my previous location....

No comments: