Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Getting Educated About ISO With No Heat In My Hot Tub On The 2nd Tuesday Of December

Looking through the bars of my patio prison cell, on this early morning of the 2nd Tuesday of the last month of 2010, we should be seeing a steamy vapor rising from the hot tub, due to the temperature being only 35.

But, there is no steamy vapor rising. Because the hot tub is turned off, due to a thermostat malfunction.

The hot tub not being hot wreaks havoc with my ability to get into the pool during this less than balmy time of the year. In cold times past I would run into the cold water, staying in it til I neared the frostbite point and then escape into the heat of the hot tub.

And then, after getting too hot from the heat of the hot tub, get back into the cool pool til I started to get bitten by frost again. Then back in the hot tub. Repeating the cycle til I was sufficiently stimulated.

Change of subject from getting cold to getting ISO.

Yesterday I blogged about getting caught on camera overexposed on the Tandy Hills due to having my camera on the ISO setting. I mentioned being unable to find an answer to what it is that ISO is.

Well, the ubiquitous Anonymous commented on the ISO blogging. Well, actually it was not a comment. What Anonymous did was copy a link to a Wikipedia article about ISO.

I had already looked at that article. It was of no help to me. On and on it went about ISO without ever saying what ISO has to do with a setting on a digital camera, like in the blurb below from the Wikipedia article...

"The organization which today is known as ISO began in 1926 as the International Federation of the National Standardizing Associations (ISA). This organization focused heavily on mechanical engineering. It was disbanded in 1942 during the second World War but was re-organized under the current name, ISO, in 1946."

I guess I now know what the initials stand for. So, progress in my ISO education is being made.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

try theses two links:

http://www.digital-photo-secrets.com/tip/136/iso-explained/

http://www.facethelight.com/iso.php

Durango said...

Thanks Waldo! I finally understand what ISO means.