Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In The Middle Of December Thinking About The Texas Holiday Trail Of Lights & Interlochen

We are already about half way through the last month of 2010.

I was up late last night and up late this morning. A very rare occurrence.

Looking out the mid morning view from my window it appears to be yet one more blue sky Texas day. Rapidly approaching 60 degrees.

At one point last evening some dancing activity occurred. Shakira's Hips Don't Like started an involuntary reaction that has plagued me previously. That song turns me into a 21st Century Fred Astaire.

I got a comment from someone Anonymous verbalizing the opinion that I should alleviate my lack of Christmas Cheer by heading out to the East Texas Piney Woods Region to follow the Texas Holiday Trail of Lights.

That particular trail takes you to towns like Nacogdoches and Marshall and Jefferson where you see a lot of bright lights and Christmas displays.

I don't need to drive all the way out to the East Texas Piney Woods Region to see bright lights and Christmas displays. All I have to do is drive about 3 miles to the east to the Interlochen neighborhood to see bright lights and Christmas displays.

The Texas Holiday Trail of Lights link will take you to info about that particular trail. The Interlochen link will take you to info about Interlochen and maps directing you to the location.

I need to go take some Ibuprofen now. I'm having chest pains....

3 comments:

MLK said...

Don't scare your readers!! Chest pains! Ack!

Durango said...

Sorry MLK, did not mean to be scary, I just report the facts. By this afternoon no chest pains, but my right foot feels like a freight train ran over it. I think I may be sleep walking again and doing who knows what in the middle of the night.

Ur Neighbor said...

Glad you're okay, Durango. We went to look at some cool lights in Haltom City and nearby southern part of North Richland Hills where there were some nice displays in the Diamond Loch neighborhood off of Glenview Dr.(about one mile east of 377.

In the neighborhoods located on both sides of Rufe Snow Dr. in s. NRH city (just south of loop 820 and north of Glenview Dr.)were a few synchronized light show with music that broadcasted over select radio "stations" posted in front of each home. This is something new to us and fairly well done, sort of a small version of that dancing water and light show at that Las Vegas hotel.

You should check it out since it's close to you and traffic is not congested like Interlochen, which we gave up on several years ago due to distance and the crazy traffic jam.

Stay well. Call 9-1-1 if needed, buddy. We want you around and healthy.