Monday, December 6, 2010

My Chesapeake Energy Neighbor Is Shining Bright Tonight With Grackles

I don't know what is going on across the street from my abode at my friendly neighborhood Chesapeake Energy Barnett Shale Drilling Pad Site.

The previous 2 or 3 times, when activity has gone into overdrive at this site, it did not involve bright lights, powered by a generator, next to an RV, parked outside the entry gate, with a sign that says "PLEASE STOP AND SIGN IN."

Who is coming to this Chesapeake site and why do they need to stop and sign in?

It is being an eerie evening this evening in Texas. I left here a little after 5. The sun setting put on a pretty good light show. I stopped to get gas and then headed to Wal-Mart. I have never seen so many Grackles. The sky was dark with Grackles. Grackles were lined up on all flat edges in view.

Very Hitchcockian.

The weirdest Grackle formations were lines of the birds sitting on top of the poles that hold red lights. Each time I'd get out my camera to take a picture the light would turn green. I decided a Grackle picture was not meant to be.

Back to my Chesapeake neighbor. I wonder what is going to be slinking in tonight under cover of darkness? I hope it is not noisy. Or explosive. Or both.

2 comments:

Steve A said...

Perhaps it isn't Chesapeake at all, it is really an alien advance party. They've come to "take Texas."

Durango said...

Okay. Now I'm skeered. The scene did have a Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind look to it. I'm gonna triple bolt my entry door tonight. Likely not all that good a defensive measure against an alien advance party. But I gotta work with what I have.