Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Cold First Sunday Of December With A New Bank To Replace Chase

The first Sunday of the last month of 2010 has dawned with the outside air heated to only two degrees above freezing.

That two degrees above freezing is scheduled to fall to below freezing later today.

Yesterday's hiking on the Tandy Hills went on way longer than I had intended. One reason was I'd stopped to talk to a pair of hikers. And their dog.

One of the things I mentioned to the pair of hikers. And their dog. Was that for the first month or so of hiking on the Tandy Hills I could get a bit lost. But that never happened anymore.

Saying that turned out to be a bit ironic, about a half hour later, when I found myself not exactly lost, but unable to find, on first try, the trail I was looking for.

Eventually I was able to escape the Tandy Hills and make my way to my neighborhood Wal-Mart Supercenter. As I was exiting Wal-Mart I glanced at the bank that is inside Wal-Mart, it being a version of the First National Bank of Texas.

I did not glance furtively enough. I found myself accosted by an African bank teller asking if she could help me. I said, yes, one question. Do you have free checking?

The answer was yes. She said I could open an account in 5 minutes. I hesitated for a second and then agreed.

About a half hour later I had a new bank account. The African bank teller was a little difficult to understand. She is new to America, having moved here from Sudan. Sudan is in Africa. North Africa.

So, now I can get rid of Chase Bank.

It will be much more convenient having my bank be in Wal-Mart. It is also in Kroger, walking distance from my abode. Which ironically is where I opened my WaMu account, after which WaMu left Kroger, making it inconvenient. And then WaMu went bad and was taken over by Chase which also went bad. But in a different way.

I have no idea what I am doing today, except for, I am hoping to watch The Amazing Race go to South Korea tonight, if a football game does not interrupt.

No comments: