Friday, August 15, 2014

Rolling My Wheels Under A Mysterious Giant Glass Orb In Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area

As you can clearly see I am standing under the mysterious giant glass orb which hovers above a curve in the paved trail in Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

Underneath the mysterious giant glass orb a sign has been installed which says "Village Creek Selfie Photo Op Location".

I may have made up that thing about the selfie sign.

I had myself a mighty fine HOT bike ride with the Village Creek Indian Ghosts today.

Upon arrival at Village Creek, as I was unloading my bike, an Arlington Animal Control Officer arrived in his truck which holds captured critters. Usually it is captured possums I see get released, which is what happened today. Four of the creepy critters. I see this happen so often at this location, it must happen other times when I am not there.

I can not help but wonder how many possums have been released in this natural historical area.

Do possums eat snakes? I rarely see snakes in the Village Creek zone anymore. Years ago I regularly had encounters with all sorts of snakes, including venomous sorts like copperheads.

Upon leaving Village Creek my usual destination of late is ALDI. That was not the case today. My destination was Walmart. Midway to Walmart my phone made its incoming call noise. I could not get to the phone in time to answer it. At a stoplight I found the found the phone and saw it was my mom and dad calling. I called back as I waited for the light to turn from red to green.

As I called back the phone made the incoming call noise again. I got all bum puzzled, but eventually figured out how to answer it, as I was trying to call out. It was my mom, calling a second time.

Every year my mom and dad send me a birthday card. Just about every year the card goes on an adventure that has it not arriving in a timely fashion, which then gets my mom all concerned as to the whereabouts of the tardy card.

I have not checked the mail yet today, so I do not know if the tardy card has arrived.

What I do know is it is now time for lunch....

No comments: