Incoming Invite From Don Young:
Need a post-holiday workout in the great out-of-doors? Something vigorous but not too challenging? Feel a need to test your mettle? You're in luck!
Celebrate the new year and the 50th anniversary of THNA by participating in the First Annual Manly Men and Wild Women Hike at Tandy Hills Natural Area.
This will be a border-to border-to-border-to-border hike, tracing the steel cable that defines the 160 acre boundary. Here are five good reasons to join in:
1) You will lose at least 2 pounds. (results vary)
2) See sections of the park known only to birds and coyotes. (and gas drillers)
3) Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the coolest park in Fort Worth. (2010)
4) It won't kill you but will make you stronger (for the Brush Bash)
5) Work up a good appetite for a group lunch (TBA)
Who: Friends of Tandy Hills Natural Area
What: Manly Men & Wild Women Hike. (All ages welcome.) No wimps allowed.
When: Saturday, January 2, 2010
10:00 am (allow 1.5 hours for hike)
Where: Tandy Hills Natural Area
3400 View Street
Meet at the Prairie Fest entrance
Why: For the fun and glory of it and to prepare your body and mind for the upcoming Brush Bash (January 23, 2010)
Bring: Water, snack, camera, hiking boots, hat.
RSVP: > > > to Don Young ASAP. <EMAIL>