Monday, April 8, 2019

Majestic Mount Wichita's Many Shades Of Green

Today marks the first actual warm bike riding day so far in the year 2019 at my current North Texas location.

I have previously experienced 2019 being warm, but that was in Arizona in March at a location where it is expected to be somewhat warm all year long, give or take a chilly day or two.

As you can see via the view over my handlebars, looking across an inlet of Lake Wichita, majestic Mount Wichita is currently shining with multiple shades of green.

This past winter there never was enough snow on the ground of sufficient depth to warrant skiing Mount Wichita. And all winter long there was never a freeze deep enough to coat Lake Wichita with ice thick enough for skating.

It is a miracle winter sports continue at this North Texas location, what with the lack of snow and ice. Except in the MPEC (Multi-Purpose Event Center) ice rink venue where ice hockey is played.

Tonight I am looking forward to watching a Texas college I have never heard of til recently beat whoever it is they are playing and thus winning the national championship of college basketball.

I think I have driven through Lubbock, previously, but I have no memory of seeing Texas Tech University...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I've been reading your site for a long time now and finally got
the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Texas!
Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic work!