Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Happy Spencer Jack Early Birthday

Yesterday, a few minutes past noon, I received the following email birthday party invitation, subject line: Spencer Jack's First Leap Year Birthday, from Spencer Jack's dad, my Favorite Nephew Jason....

Grandma Cindy retirement gig includes working as a tennis ball fetcher girl next week in Palm Springs, California, thus moving Spencer's Birthday celebration a week early.

Just wanted to extend a late invite to Spencer Jack's 9th Birthday Party, being held tonight at Grandma Cindy's Big Lake Abode.  I think Spencer requested fried chicken, and of course chocolate birthday cake, with chocolate frosting. And Ice cream.

I'm sure there will be plenty of food for ya all. Starting at 5 p.m. PST.

Well, almost 5 hours notice gave me plenty of time to get  myself up north and west to Big Lake for Spencer Jack's birthday party. But, I had a previously scheduled engagement which precluded heading up to Washington.

That is Spencer Jack's Grandma Cindy sitting next to him. I have not seen my Favorite Ex-Sister-in-Law in years. Seems like it was summer of 2004 when last I saw Cindy. At a Red Robin's in Burlington, along with Mr. and Mrs. Burwash. Spencer Jack's arrival was several years in the future at that point in time.

Happy Early Birthday Spencer Jack. Sorry I didn't make it to your party....

No comments: