Thursday, March 10, 2016

Looking At Stats Takes Me Back Six Years To Arguing About West Texas Wink Sinkholes

I have been doing this blogging thing for almost a decade.

In all that time, til two days ago, I'd never noticed the little More> link at various locations on the Overview page one comes to when going to a specific blog in the Google Blogger platform.

Til looking at this I did not know that a blogging about the Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup (currently underway) titled At The Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup Watch Out For Mama's Nursing Baby Rattlers had had a lot of page views.

Then again, I don't actually know if 785 is a lot of page views, or a mediocre number of page views.

Another thing I'd not noticed, or paid attention to, that I noticed the same day I noticed the Overview Stats, was the number of Published comments.

7550.

I don't recollect hitting the publish button on that many comments. Then again, like I said, it's been almost a decade of doing this.

On any given day any one of the almost 7,000 Posts can generate a comment or two.

If I recollect correctly the worst comment frenzy occurred several years ago, triggered by an argument over sinkholes between Gar the Texan and the Queen of Wink. That comment frenzy spun out of control with way too many people named Anonymous commenting.

I'll go see if I can find that sinkhole blogging.

Found it.

Over six years ago, on February 14, 2010, in a blogging titled The Loony Lunar Landscape Of Wink Texas & The Wink Sinkholes Gar the Texan and the Queen of Wink's argumentative passion over sinkholes generated 69 comments.

I can not remember the last time I witnessed an argument between Gar the Texan and the Queen of Wink....

No comments: