Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Miracle Of A Bridge Built Over Water In Fort Worth

When I woke up my computer this morning I saw an email from Facebook informing me Elsie Hotpepper had flagged me.

It always alarms me when I get flagged, especially when the flagging is from Elsie Hotpepper.

This particular flagging was that which you see here.

A bridge under construction over Lake Worth in Fort Worth, way back in 1976, for the Loop I-820 freeway.

Proving, once again, that it is possible to build a bridge over actual water in Fort Worth, unlike the three, simple little bridges America's Biggest Boondoggle is building in slow motion over dry land to connect the Fort Worth mainland to an imaginary island.

I wonder if a big fuss was made when those bridge piers started poppiing out of Lake Worth?

No comments: