Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Durango Puerto Rico Has A Nice Ring To It

This morning I told Spencer Jack's dad, my Favorite Nephew Jason, that my mind has changed and I no longer currently planning to leave Texas to return to the Pacific Northwest.

To which Spencer Jack's dad replied....

I suppose you are going to wait until the general election is over to see if your move will be outside the U.S. borders.

Well, I actually had not given much thought to leaving the United States.

I had thought of leaving Texas as sort of returning to the United States.

In recent days leaving Texas and heading west to Arizona seemed like a good idea. My mom and dad, sister, brother, brother-in-law and two of my favorite nephews are in Arizona.

And then today, out of the blue, I was told I could move to a currently unoccupied house in Coamo, Puerto Rico.

This appeals to me.

Mangoes grow in the backyard. Seafood abounds. Caribbean beaches are a short distance south. The entire island of Puerto Rico is about the same size as the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.

I would need to start yet one more blog,

Durango Puerto Rico. Or maybe just Durango Rico.

I suspect I would have a lot of material to write about.

I must brush up on my Spanish speaking skills....

No comments: