Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Up Late On The Last Wednesday Of March Thinking About Spending Time On The Texas Death Row

I was up late last night, thus up late this Wednesday morning of the next to last day of March of 2011.

Looking out one of my viewing portals on the world one can guess from the steamy windows that it is cold out there.

40 degrees.

To swim or not to swim?

Yesterday morning I was obsessed with the woe of having to take care of my vehicular transport problem.

Everything about fixing that woe went well.

And then when I took off to drive, starting the vehicle was startling. The new starter starts the engine like an explosion. I don't think I'd realized how tired the old starter had become.

In non-vehicle news of the morning, I was surprised to learn this morning that someone in Texas is calling for a 2 year moratorium on executing killers in Texas. A man who was up close and personal to the Clarence Bradley travesty is leading the moratorium effort.

Two decades ago Clarence Bradley was released after spending 10 years on the Texas death row for a murder he did not commit.

I can't imagine how cranky it would make me to spend time on death row when I knew I'd done nothing wrong.

No comments: