Monday, March 21, 2011

The 2nd Day Of Spring In Texas Running Low On Catfish

I am up early this 2nd day of Spring on this 3rd Monday of March.

It is 65 degrees outside right now. That makes that blue oasis you see in the picture a tempting target.

Last night's booking of a flight to her home island for Miss Puerto Rico turned out to be as annoying as I expected. I actually found myself having to say "shut up if you want me to do this."

I have wanted to tell that girl to shut up for years. It felt very good to do so.

The Fire Ant damage to my arms seems to have drastically improved overnight.

I am not sure if it is good news or bad news, but in the news this morning I read that the catfish supply in Texas is drying up. Due to cheap catfish imports, the high price of corn and low market prices having made catfish farming a less than profitable operation.

Maybe the catfish shortage will get Texans to try other seafood and discover that catfish does not taste at all good compared to good seafood.

Like cod, red snapper, salmon, crab, clams, lobster and just about everything else that grows in the sea and does not taste like mud.

The sun has arrived. It is time to go swimming.

1 comment:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Glad to hear that your ant bites have cleared up. Just grilled some salmon last night, it was too yummy.