Friday, March 18, 2011

Up Late On The 3rd Friday In Texas Thinking About Making Waves & Tornadoes Hitting Comanche Peak

I slept in again past the arrival of the sun.

Looking through the bars of my patio prison cell you can sort of tell it is another blue sky day in North Texas on this third Friday of March.

When I checked on the news this morning via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Dallas Morning News, Seattle P-I and Skagit Valley Herald I expected to see big headlines about bombs being dropped on Libya.

Yesterday the UN gave approval to a no-fly zone over Libya and stopping Gaddafi's aggression by whatever means needed, with action expected within hours. So, I was surprised to see very little mention made this morning of Libya. Let alone bombs dropping.

There was a big article in the Star-Telegram letting locals know that the Comanche Peak Nuclear Plant is a much better designed facility than those in Japan which are currently in trouble. With the Comanche Peak Nuclear Plant supposedly designed to withstand getting hit with a worst case tornado.

No mention was made of the Comanche Peak Nuclear Plant's ability to withstand a 9.0 earthquake. Or a tsunami.

Speaking of tsunamis. I think I'll go and make some waves now. It's 65 this morning. This should make for some semi-pleasant swimming.

No comments: