Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Shadow Of The Tandy Thin Man Was Late To The Fort Worth Hills Today

As you can clearly see, by the long shadow, I am walking fast and carrying a big stick and wearing a shirt today for a windy short hike on the Tandy Hills.

I do not think I will be going swimming in the morning. It only got in the low 60s today. By morning the water in the pool will have likely cooled to a temperature that may be sufficiently low to induce an unwanted excessive shivering reaction.

I went to Town Talk after I was done Tandying. I have only one thing to say about Town Talk today. I wish people with hacking coughs would not go out in public. God knows what I was exposed to today in Town Talk.

I believe Gail Galtex and her husband are heading to Seattle today for the first time. Transplants to Fort Worth from Austin, the Galtex's are looking for a more cosmopolitan place to live. And are hoping Seattle may be the place.

I just checked the Seattle weather. Rain and temperatures in the 50s. I was afraid this would happen. March is not a good time to go to Seattle and hope the weather gods decide to remove the clouds and reveal the mountains.

Last week Western Washington had a clear day or two that the locals told me were gorgeous. I'm hoping the clouds part for the Galtex's and they get to see what Seattle and environs look like after a fresh scrubbing by Mother Nature, with the air sparkling clean and smelling of evergreens, with mountains and water in all directions. And, unlike here, in Texas, very little litter.

The Galtex's should find taking the light rail from Sea-Tac International to the downtown Seattle transit tunnel, to their hotel, to be a bit more convenient than the convoluted mass transit they had to use to lug their luggage from their downtown Fort Worth abode to the Fort Worth transit center to make their way to D/FW International..

At 63, currently, it is 10 degrees warmer than Seattle is right now. I have now shut my windows. I am not a big fan of getting chilly.

1 comment:

Mr. Galtex said...

Hi Durango -- Gail and I made it here fine, and the train took us from the airport to within a block of our hotel. Yummy Thai food for dinner last night. First impression is that Seattle has a great downtown, lots of activity and places. And we haven't seen a drop of rain, yet.