Sunday, April 11, 2010

A New Blue Flower Blooms & A Crowd Looms On The Sunday Tandy Hills

A new blue flower was coloring up the cloudy, gray Tandy Hills today. Last time I was on the hills it was the very blue Bluebonnets that made their first Tandy appearance of the year.

Is this new blue boy a Periwinkle? I did not have any botanist wannabe with me today to identify the flora.

I really was in dire need this Sunday of the salubrious effect of being at Fort Worth's best place to stand, that being the Tandy Hills Natural Sanatorium Area.

Last night I got in a fight. Sort of.

In a variation of one of my sleepwalking episodes, I got into an altercation, possibly inspired by yesterday's gang fighting that I watched at Veterans Park. In the middle of the night I was in the middle of one of my ongoing nightmares, when I took a punch at my adversary.

And then woke up to discover my adversary had been the wall by my bed. So, once more I am recovering from bloody knuckles.

Tootsie Tonasket went hiking with me today on the Tandy Hills. When I told her about last night's Wall Altercation, Tootsie advised me that I should not go to be without wearing protection. Like boxing gloves. I suppose that is good advice.

Another odd thing, spotted on the Tandy Hills today, occurred when I came back into view of View Street and saw a lot of cars parked there. Usually there are not a lot of cars parked.

Barely off View Street, about 20 feet from the cable fence at the park's edge, this group was pondering something, as if on some sort of nature walk. I thought to myself, go deeper into the park, you silly people, there are wildflowers in there. But, I politely kept my thoughts to myself and drove away.

Typing is being painful due to my banged up right hand. I wonder why I punched the wall with my right hand? Because I am left handed.

2 comments:

Don Young said...

Prairie Celestial. is the lovely blue flower.

That was a group of Master Naturalists prepping for PF. They know their stuff pretty well. BTW, are you coming to PF?

Sarah R said...

I found this one for you. It's called Venus' Looking Glass