Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Cloudy Pre-Storm Tandy Hills Hike With Perfuming Wildflowers

In the picture you are standing on the best place to stand in Fort Worth, the Tandy Hills, looking at the noontime view of the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth.

As you can see, it is a bit cloudy. Potentially Heavy Rain with Thunderstorms is slated to appear later this afternoon through tomorrow.

I felt a few pre-storm drips dropping on me and the hills today.

I hope this possible incoming storm does not wreak havoc with the Prairie Fest.

I overcompensated for the loss of my swimming pool by amping up the Tandy Hills hiking today, going up a record 7 hills at record breaking speed. I fear, without overcompensating, the loss of the swimming will quickly cause me to balloon up to an unprecedented new weight, possibly going into Roly Poly Boy status for the first time, needing to use one of those fun looking motorized carts to do my Wal-Mart shopping.

It was not quite a Rose/Lilac level of odiferousness, but today one of the Wildflower suspects was perfuming up the air in a subtle, pleasant way.

It was not the Lilac colored Wildflower, you see in the picture, that was smelling good.

2 comments:

Sarah R said...

Today's flower is prairie verbena. It's my favorite.

Durango said...

Thanks for the prairie verbena I.D., Miss Sarah.