Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Beautiful Wild Purple Lady Coloring Up The Tandy Hills

Is that not a cool looking Wildflower? It looks like a white haired, purple-faced lady in a dress that matches her face color.

I think she is a Foxglove. A very foxy Foxglove. I saw her sometime after 5 this afternoon, standing on the Tandy Hills.

I was a blogging maniac this morning, blogging on all 5. Or is it 6? Of my blogs.

In the middle of all that blogging, around noon, I went up to Hurst. I called Fort Worth's Lone Ranger while I was in Hurst, with no answer. Then I called my mom and while I was talking to mom, the Lone Ranger called back. We've been phone tagging ever since.

This afternoon I was being a blogging maniac again, some of it prompted by one of my operatives, who is currently undercover on the Gulf Coast. By 4 a headache seemed to be visiting me. I'm thinking I've gotten myself addicted to endorphins again. And if I don't get my fix I get a headache.

Hence the trek to the Tandy Hills on a day I'd decided would be hike-free. Well, it may have ended up not being a hike-free day, but I am now headache-free.

Prior to leaving for some medicinal hiking I heard from Fort Worth's #1 Watchdog with some answers regarding the City of Fort Worth's Tandy Hills creek vandalism, where heavy equipment was used to gouge the hills, in order to get fill, to dam a couple creeks so trucks could cross.

Well, apparently the city water crews are clearing out some trees roots that are causing a blockage. The Water Department has not felt compelled to let the Parks Department know that they'll be plugging up some park creeks, til now.

Sewer drainage lines and a water line were run under the Tandy Hills before they became the Tandy Hills Natural Area.

I guess I feel a little better about all the dam damage done. I hope when the Water Department finishes with their unclogging that some effort is made to undo some of the damage.

No comments: