Saturday, April 3, 2010

Following Dozens Of Fort Worth Police To A Bad Scene On Randol Mill Road

As I was leaving Town Talk after Tandy Hills Hiking I was greeted with the sound of sirens and the sight of a lot of Fort Worth Police cars and emergency vehicles, turning off Beach Street, heading east on Randol Mill Road.

What fresh hell is this I wondered?

I didn't know if I should go home via a different route in case the Fort Worth Police were in Gestapo Stormtrooper mode, or go home via my usual Randol Mill Road route and catch the cops possibly doing something nefarious.

I took the Randol Mill option.

As I drove east I saw flashing lights on the other side of the skinny bridge that crosses the Trinity River. I got my camera out and armed.

I came to a stop so that I could take pictures. I only took two. One of the police seemed to be signalling for me to continue on. There were at least a dozen, likely more, police cars, plus several emergency vehicles. In addition to all the uniformed police there were maybe 20 emergency workers.

No one seemed to be in any hurry. There was a big, late model car, parked on a side road, about 150 feet off Randol Mill. That car seemed to be the focus of all the attention. But why? I had no idea.

I got back here, made lunch, then had to go deliver some paperwork to an entity I'll call Miss Stacy. As I got to Miss Stacy's office a Fort Worth Police Officer also arrived. I followed him in, asking him if he was here to arrest anyone. He said no. When I saw Miss Stacy I told her I'm being arrested. Then I handled her the paperwork and left.

A couple minutes later I came upon the Police Officer again and asked if he knew about all the police action on Randol Mill Road. Yeah, he said. Suicide. And that it was a very weird scene. That's all he said.

No comments: