Thursday, April 29, 2010

Good News On The Tandy Hills Today

On Monday I blogged about being appalled about the damage I'd found on the Tandy Hills, with the worst being a creek bed filled in to create a culvert-less bridge, that acted as a dam.

To build the "bridges" dirt had been gouged from the hills. It was not a pleasant thing to see.

But.

Today I was happy to see that the creek bed, that was running water and had been dammed, had been re-done, with a culvert now allowing the water to pass through.

The other creek bed, which is running no water, was also re-done, but no culvert was added.

The damaged areas, like the connection to a Tandy Hills Trail, had been smoothed over.

All in all, I was real pleased to see the fixes.

A City of Fort Worth crew was back working in the same spot I've seen them on 3 days previous. But near as I could tell, today, they had entered the work area via the entry to the park next to the Tandy Tower. I could see truck tracks going down the very steep, very bumpy trail that heads down Mount Tandy to the north.

I would not want to drive down or up that "trail".

No comments: