Friday, April 16, 2010

Incoming Flash Floods & More Wildflowers Coloring Up The Fort Worth Tandy Hills Prairie

I believe I have been awake since sometime after 1 this morning. I realized at around 2:30 that I would not be falling back to sleep.

So, I got up.

It is sort of surprising how much you can get done during those extra hours waiting for the sun to light up the place.

The National Weather Service issued a Flood Watch Alert a couple hours ago. I assume this indicates rain is going to causing some dampness.

So, today's wildflower examination, on the Tandy Hills, may be the last for awhile, if rain muddies up the hills.

I saw two wildflowers I did not see yesterday. My favorite was the tropical looking big-bloomed yellow flower, above, that looks like something I might see in Hawaii, instead of coloring up the Texas Prairie.

I'm liking this sleep-deprived feeling of being a bit punch drunk, feeling like I'm on mile 55o of a leg of a Roadtrip, with another 200 miles to go before I get to the day's destination. I like that on the road punch drunk feeling. It's been awhile since I've experienced it.

The other new wildflower of the day looked like it had a color scheme that would inspire Native American art.

I got the most long-winded feedback comment to my Eyes on Texas website in memory today. Regarding the Scarborough Faire Renaissance Festival. It was funny. I think I'll use it for blogging fodder. But not before I have lunch.

2 comments:

Sarah R said...

The top flower is the yellow version of the evening primrose. I've never seen both colors in the same location. Kind of cool. The other is stiff-stem flax.

Thanks for posting these. As you can tell knowing the various wildflowers was one of those things I rather enjoyed as a kid. So it's fun to see if you can stump me.

Durango said...

Thanks for the wildflower identifications, Sarah R. I'm going to have fun now taking wildflower pictures and trying to stump you!