Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Dawn Of A Toxic Texas Headache

That is an accurate self portrait of me this morning. I woke up with a headache. It's been years since I woke up with a headache. I used to get headaches way too frequently, but that was a long time ago.

I hope this morning's headache is not a harbinger of a return to chronic headaches. I will be very unhappy if that is the case.

When I woke up this morning I found the wounds on my right fist were freshly bloodied. I have no recollection of having another nightmare in which I punched my bedroom wall.

Had that occurred I would have woke up after hitting the wall. At least that is what I assume would happen.

I put in a call to my therapist, Dr. L.C., hoping that she might be able to somehow medicate this pain away. Unable to reach Dr. L.C., I asked Elsie Hotpepper to try and track her down. I'm that desperate.

I think worrying about the Queen of Wink may be what gave me a headache. The Q of W has had a bigger litany of woe than my puny litany of woe, of late. But she did get some good news yesterday. I don't know if this good news will cause the Queen to re-think her current plan of not attending the Prairie Fest in a little over a week.

I just glanced over to my other monitor because I saw incoming email coming in. I can see in the subject line that Travelocity has a flight to Phoenix for $238. I probably should go book a flight to go see my mom and dad, sister, nephews, brother, brother and sister-in-laws.

I have 8 siblings, siblings-in-law and parental units living in the Phoenix zone. I'd not realized, til thinking about it right now, that the majority of my closest relatives no longer live in Washington.

I am hoping going to the best place to stand in Fort Worth, the Tandy Hills, cures me of my head pain. Swimming was of no use, in that regard, this morning.

No comments: