Sunday, July 5, 2009

Twittering Tootsie Tonasket At Oakland Lake Park

That is the noon view in the picture, this first Sunday of July, looking across Oakland Lake at the tower on the summit of Mount Tandy in the Tandy Hills Natural Area.

As you can we are cloudy today, here in North Texas. The prediction was for rain, possibly heavy, with possible thunderstorms, starting last night.

So far the only rain I've seen was a little dripping when I was in the pool around 7 this morning. We are not getting anywhere near 100 today. It's barely into the 80s coming up on 3 in the afternoon.

Twister sent me a Twitter help link this morning. I could tell it had a lot of good info, but the website kept hanging up, trying to download something from another website. It was frustrating. I saw enough of it to see there is more to this Twitter thing than my simple mind realized.

I talked to Tootsie Tonasket while I walked around the lake today. Awhile back I told my one longtime reader the story of Tootsie finding her long lost sister, finding her in Florida. Tootsie lost her sister about 50 years ago. Tootsie has an older sister who lives in Illinois. That sister has arranged to have the new found lost sister come up from Florida for a visit, twice now. The most recent time was for the 4th of July. Tootsie's cruel sister called Tootsie the day before the 4th, inviting Tootsie to come for the 4th to see her sister she's not seen in decades.

Tootsie is in the middle of a nasty divorce, living in a small town in Eastern Washington, writing her own Peyton Place script in the soap opera she enjoys living.

No comments: