Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Dark Texas Morning Porcupine Rim Swim

We have had a steep drop in temperature, as in it is only 74 out there at 7 am. So, the windows are open and the A/C is not running.

As you can deduce from the picture I was in the pool, which had also cooled off, before the sun rose this Wednesday morning. Actually, the sun started to do its lighting up the day thing by the time I got to the water at about a quarter to 6. You can see a little illumination in the upper left corner above my right shoulder.

By the time I got out of the pool daylight was pretty much totally turned on. It's not as spectacular a sunrise as seeing that happen at some scenic place, like the Grand Canyon, which is on my to-do list to do today, blog about it on my Roadtripping Blog, which I've been ignoring of late.

Speaking of the Roadtripping Blog, this morning there was a comment to a blogging about biking the Porcupine Rim Trail in Moab, well, actually the trail is not in Moab, Moab is where you stay when you bike the Porcupine Rim Trail.

The comment was from Bryon T. He informed me that he was on both the Porcupine Rim ride and the Gemini Bridges ride. He told me he went there with his friend Bill. Then he referenced the group picture that was taken before the ride, telling me that he was on the far left and Bill was in the middle in blue.

I don't think Bryon has the slightest clue that the person doing the blogging was on that ride. Or that I'm to the left of Bill in the picture. Or that I drove him and Bill back to their campground after the ride. Last I heard of Bryon he was a retired Microsoft millionaire. There are an annoyingly large number of them in the Northwest. Started working for Microsoft early on, stock as part of the pay.

Since it is Wednesday, and due to that creature of habit problem I've mentioned before, I am likely going up to Southlake today and will likely go to Sprouts Farmers Market, among other things. There will not be a noontime hiking incident today. That may take place later.

YouTube video of biking the Porcupine Rim Trail below. Most brutal bike ride I've ever been on. And the most dangerous.

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

To be fair, you probably were not using your stage name when you were hanging out with Byron and Bill on the Rim.

Durango said...

Nope. The stage name was in play at the time of the Porcupine Rim ride. The party in question had exchanged emails with the Durango entity and was aware of that entity's Dialing Doctor Durango website. The explanation is real simple. The guy is a goofball.