Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Tandy Hills Are Not A Sanctioned National Naturist Day Location

Everyone disappointed me on going to Wildwood Naturist Resort today to be part of the national effort to break the world record for most people skinnydipping at one time.

I don't know, and it had not occurred to me to wonder, what country currently holds the coveted skinnydipping record? Russia? Sweden? An African country? Canada?

After Jammin Mole jammed my last hope that someone was going to go to Decatur with me, I took my sad, sorry, lonely self to the Tandy Hills Natural Area. I was there before the 2 in the afternoon national take off your clothes time, so I kept mine on.

But, now that it is a minute before 2, I am participating in spirit, if not in person. Sadly I won't be counted by the Guinness people. I am not at a sanctioned location.

There are few things sadder than a kite killed by a tree, particularly if it is one of those fancy, complicated kites. A big tree in the Tandy Hills had captured a nice one today, as you can see in the first picture.

For weeks now there have been these fragile looking, but obviously not, purple wildflowers that continue to look fresh and new, in spite of the daily assault of HOT and no water.

Don Young gave me some good anti-cockroach advice today. I need to get me some Geckos. I thought I had some in here already. But I'm not all that savvy with my lizard identifying. Or I can find non-pesticide treatments at Marshall Grain. I know where that is.

No comments: