Monday, July 13, 2009

In Vitro Fertilization, Facebook & Getting Torn In Two

I get sent a publication called Website Magazine each month. I think it comes from Google, but I'm not sure. The magazine is full of what I guess is useful information, much of which I don't understand all that well.

This month there is an article that says it is useful to interconnect your blogs and websites with Facebook and Twitter. I sort of understood the reasoning.

So, I logged in to Facebook and made what they call a "badge" to stick on my blog. You had the option to edit the badge. I did so, removing Name, Email and Status. The name was redundant because the HTML put it above the badge, it didn't need to be repeated.

But no matter how many times I tried I could not get Facebook to remove Name, Email and Status. I could see the code was greatly altered, but nothing changed.

I decided this meant I really don't need the Facebook badge on my blog.

My Eyes on Texas website was not showing up on my stats this morning. When I checked to make sure all was well the first ad I saw was for In Vitro Fertilization in Dallas. Most of the ads always have something to do with Texas or the Metroplex. But In Vitro Fertilization? This perplexed me.

Cheryl sent me a video this morning that also perplexed me. A magician in a park somehow created the illusion that two women pulled a third in half, with the upper half looking horrified as she pushed herself away with her arms. Anyone seen this who can explain it?

6 comments:

Don Young said...

I have a couple of questions that have been perplexing me lately. Maybe you know the answer.

Why do so many people on Facebook only show half of their face or pics of their dogs, cats, etc.? I thought it was all about faces?

Also, after having my own Facebook page and one for Tandy Hills for a few months I've yet to notice anything changed in my life except that I spend too much time answering Friend requests and deleting a ton of bullshit requests. What's the point?

Durango said...

Good question about the faces. Maybe they show face photos in the photo section. Mine shows less than half my face, but I don't use my real name and only got the account due to be tired of hearing about Facebook and knowing nothing about it. Eventually someone from high school figured out who it was, that part is sort of interesting.

But for the most part other than the communicating with people I've not heard from in a long time, I don't get Facebook. Email works better for communicating. All those stupid requests are ridiculous.

If you really want to be perplexed check out Twitter. At least I sort of get Facebook. Twitter is just bizarre.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I think the video you received might be a street/park performance involving Criss Angel the Mind Freak. He does a lot of performing in Vegas, and has a series on A&E.

http://www.crissangel.com/mindfreak#

I watch a lot of documentaries and the woman pulled apart looked a lot like the woman from a documentary about "The Woman With Half A Body"... I think also aired on A&E.

Durango said...

Geez you're good,CC2. As soon as the website opened I saw it was the guy in the video. I must look if there is a YouTube video.

twister said...

How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, (Sherlock Holmes) The Sign of Four

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Mister Twister...elementary my dear.