Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Silence Of The Cicadas & Mark Twain

Yesterday I blogged about the epidemic of noisy cicadas. This morning I was in the pool soon after the sun arrived. There were no cicadas making noise. I have the windows open right now, due to it being a chilly 73 out there. I hear birds chirping, but no cicadas cicadaing.

Yesterday Mister Twister commented on my Blogging about the cicadas, including a link to the picture you see here. I think I have seen these on the ground, dead. They are big. They sort of remind me of my pet cockroaches.

I wonder if it is the chilly temperatures that have rendered the cicadas mute?

I get to go to West Fort Worth today, well, west of downtown, to some place on University Drive. I think I'll go to Forest Park and take a picture of Mark Twain. I don't think I'll be riding the miniature train at Forest Park today.

Over and over again this Blogger thing is flagging words as being misspelled that are correct. This started a couple days ago and is very annoying. One of my few thrills is to get a "No Misspellings Found" message, and now I'm being robbed of that. It just told me I misspelled "robbed".

No comments: