Monday, August 26, 2024

Lucy Park Post Library Nature Communing On Final Monday Of August


During my regularly scheduled nature communing, trying to acquire endorphins via high-speed walking, I did so in the outer world for the first time in a week or two.

Lowe's, Home Depot and Walmart have been my air-conditioned walking venues of late.

On this final Monday of the 2024 version of August the outer world temperature was not over 100 degrees during my regular walking time. The temperature was a relatively cool 92.

And so, this morning I drove to the library to get a fresh supply of reading material, and then, since I was nearby, it was to Lucy Park I drove for a high humidity walk in the Lucy Park backwoods jungle.

That humidity and the lack of wind made those 90 some degrees feel like they were well over 100.

Next week September arrives, and with the new month the current weather prediction is for day after day after day in the 80s and 90s. No mention of anything over 100 degrees...

No comments: