Monday, August 19, 2024

Closeup Mount Rainier Look From Texas By Chris & Sheila


If I remember correctly, and sometimes I do, a time or two or three, previously, I have made mention of the fact, with photo documentation, that I find some photos of Washington's Mount Rainier volcano to be a bit misrepresentative.

As in photos zoomed in on the Mountain, making the volcano look like it was bigger and way closer to Seattle than it actually looks in real life, in person.

Now, that photo of Mount Rainier you see here is not representative of those exaggerated Mount Rainier photos.

This photo of Mount Rainier was taken yesterday from the backyard viewing venue of two of my favorite Washingtonians, the young ladies known as Chris and Sheila.

Up til fairly recently Chris and Sheila's view of Mount Rainier was from their location a few miles south and east of Seattle, in the Kent highlands. The Mountain was not viewable from their then home, but came into view when leaving their home zone and driving towards Lake Meridian.

The Misses Chris and Sheila have relocated from Kent, to a new home in Lacey, a suburb of Olympia, much closer to Mount Rainier.

I do not know if the new Chris and Sheila location is in the Mount Rainier Eruption Evacuation Route area, such as I know exists a few miles to the east. I have seen the Volcano Evacuation Route signs between Puyallup and Tacoma.


What I do know for certain is there are no Volcano Evacuation Route signs anywhere within many many miles of my current Texas location...

No comments: